In the effort to be transparent in my communication and allow each of you to make the
decision that is best for you and your loved ones, here are some of the guidelines and
Online appointments will continue to be available for clients.
In the instance that the government re-instates social distancing/isolation practices online appointments for everyone will be resumed.
If there is a spike in Covid-19 numbers in the Kootenays, even if counsellors are “allowed” to
work in person, I will move to online sessions.
1. All appointments will be 75 minutes in duration.
2.All in-person appointments require both the myself and the client to wear a mask.
3. In the instance where we decide that in-person appointments are wanted/needed, I am
required to “screen” all clients prior to coming in for Covid-19 symptoms. I will do this via email, and will require a response before you come in in person for your appointment.
Please do not come into the office even a little bit sick. It is easy to transfer to an online
appointment even the morning of our scheduled time. If you are very sick, there will be no fee for cancellations/rescheduling and I will try to accommodate those changes as best I can.
If you come in sick, I will not be able to see you, and you will be charged for your
appointment time. I know not everyone shares the same opinion about
Covid-19. I respect each of you and your positions. I am not a virologist, nor an epidemiologist
and as such don’t have an opinion. I am simply trying to balance the needs and requests of my
family, and work.
4.I will not be seeing people in-person who have travelled out of the Kootenays, or had guests from out of province. If this is your reality, we will do online sessions for 14 days and then resume in-person work.
4.If you have been in close contact with a large amount (big groups, or large social circles) of people, please let me know and switch to online sessions for now. This is to keep everyone safer.
6. I will schedule more time between clients to allow for sanitization of all high touch surfaces
and objects. (doorknobs, tables, physio ball, presencing objects etc.).
7. I will provide hand sanitizer for all clients to use when they come into the office. If you do not
wish to use it, please wash your hands in the bathroom with soap for 20 seconds before coming
into the office. I am required to ask you if you did so, please bear with me on this.
8. I have purchased an air purifier which I will have on. It is quite quiet but
makes some sound. I will have it on. I hope that we can both get used to the sound together, if
it becomes an interference, we can discuss.
11. I am not allowed to provide water or tea. Please bring your own, as it’s a really useful thing to have something to drink during somatic sessions.
12. I am required to post this plan inside my office.
All my best to you and yours,
Registered Therapeutic Counsellor